LAKE RULES & PRICES
PLEASE NOTE: It is a requirement to hold an Environment Agency (EA) rod licence. This is separate from your day ticket.
These can be purchased on-line or at your local Post Office. You must be able to present your EA rod licence when fishing at Holme Grange Fishery.
• You must be in possession of a valid ticket which can be purchased from the lake shop or from the bailiff.
• All anglers must be in possession of a valid EA rod licence before fishing.
• Adult age starts at 18.
• No under 12’s without adult supervision.
• Please be aware of all other anglers and show respect and courtesy to one another, especially non fishing juniors.
• Dry nets only prior to fishing. These will be inspected. If wet nets found you will be asked to leave immediately or will have to purchase new nets from shop.
• All anglers must have their own suitable landing net and unhooking mat before commencing, if not you will have to purchase from shop. These cannot be shared.
• All anglers must have a Carp Care Kit / Fish Care Kit and all fish must be treated before being returned to water if required.
• Rods must not be left unattended at any time.
• No keep nets unless in an arranged match.
• No fish to be sacked.
• Fishery approved feed pellets only to be used, available in shop.
• No oily ground feed allowed.
• No bread, nuts, lures or any pet food.
• Barbless hooks only.
• No fly fishing.
• No bait boats.
• No braided main lines.
• No surface fishing or floating baits.
• No fixed leads or feeders. They must be running or able to drop off.
• All night anglers must be 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult.
• No dogs, No fires, No BBQ’s, No alcohol, No drugs, No radios and No riding bikes around the lake.
• No night time spectators without a ticket.
• No litter – PLEASE take your litter home. This include unused bait or unwanted tackle
• Handle fish with care. Do not stand with them. Take photos low to ground over your unhooking mat.
• All fish must be returned to the lake immediately after being caught.
• No fish are to be removed or killed.
• Do not use towels, cloths or gloves to handle the fish.
• Do not throw unwanted bait into lake. Please take home and depose of it.
• Do not swim or wade in the lake.
• Please take note of warning signs around the lake.
• Portaloo toilet facilities are available on adjacent land via the disabled access.
Holme Grange Fishery Lakeside Shop sells a range of bait, tackle and accessories.
Hot & cold drinks, hot and cold food and snacks are also available. From end April to end September orders can be taken and delivered to you at the bank from between 9AM to 5PM. Check out the ‘FOOD SPECIALS’ board by the shop.
Lake opening times from Easter through to end of September – 07.00 hrs to 18.00 hrs
Lake opening times from October through to Easter – 08.00 hrs to 16.00 hrs.